Social Network Posting

Share/Bookmark

Sunday, November 11, 2007

We had our First Snow the other Night and the Angels Spoke of Healing


On the evening of November 9th and into the wee hours of November 10th, it snowed here in the Catskill Mountains of upstate New York.

It wasn’t a lot of snow, maybe - 2 inches but the impact of those few inches was felt, loud and clear. Those whispering, angelic voices were mocking me, I knew it!

I could hear their calming, sweet voices whispering words of support and inner peace. “Rest…Be at peace…Time for reflection…Sleep well…”

But…I resisted shouting, “It’s too early for snow! I don’t have the new all weather tires on my car yet. I haven’t finished raking the leaves in the side yard. The lawn furniture is still outside. I haven’t cut back the perennial grasses yet. Oil prices are out of control! If it is cold this early in the season, I could run out of wood for the wood stove. Is anybody out there listening???” SIGH.

So…this morning, it was 20 degrees at 7:00am – a true sign that winter is here to stay. I guess I’ll have to get over my resistance, put the snow shovel by the front door, and prepare myself to “rest" and “be at peace.” DOUBLE SIGH.

I did get out and take a few pictures from my front porch – and I must admit it is beautiful. Isn’t it?

No comments: