Social Network Posting

Share/Bookmark

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Chopping Parsley, Saving the World

…One person at a time…

The other morning while chopping parsley for an omelet my office phone rang, and since I had been working recently with the person on the caller ID with some serious issues, I put on my head set and picked up the phone.

My client began to excitedly report his excellent progress. He was seeing the world with new eyes.
(Chop. Chop.)

He was seeing his childhood as something he could heal.
(Chop. Chop.)

Although his mother has been dead for almost twenty years, he’d had a dream about healing her alcoholism and violent ways.
(Parsley swished off the board into the beaten eggs. On to the red onion.)

In the dream, his mother had hugged him, told him he was a good, little boy – and it had felt wonderful!
(Chop. Chop.)

He now saw exactly how he had held onto getting her approval and how it had damaged his self worth.
(Chop. Chop.)

He was free to be himself! He was valuable in his work!
(Swish. Diced red onion added to the egg mixture. On to the mushrooms.)

He was going to teach healing of the inner child to his addiction support group
(Slice. Slice.)

He felt lighter and grateful for our last session.
(Slice. Slice.)

He now realized how powerfully he’d resisted healing himself to be able to say to his support group, “I understand your pain.”
(Swish. Mushrooms into the egg mixture. Pan on. Butter melting)

His revelation was, “I don’t have to be sick myself. I can only model what I have accomplished myself!”
(Egg mixture into the pan. Sizzle. Sizzle.)

“My resistance was so powerful! I am great at resisting! My personal power has always been most evident in my resistance.
(Stir. Stir.)

“I am going to teach how to release hidden power! This is great!”
(Stir. Stir. Multi-grain bread. Toaster on.)

“What do you think? This is good stuff, right?”
(Eggs on the plate. Steaming.)

“Yes,” I answered. “You’ve done fantastic personal work.”

“I knew it! I just wanted to share this with you.”
(Toast up. Buttered.)

“Thank you for sharing your wonderful news,” I answered.

“Well, I leave you to your day and will talk to you on Wednesday.”
(Click. Phone disconnected. Breakfast ready.)

I smiled. Sometimes I do good.
(Forkful. Mmmm.)

No comments: